Here are some tips:
Dos & Don’ts
- Avoid direct contact with water, soap, perfume and other chemicals. Make up products, perfume & hairspray can dull the finish of your jewelry. Put your jewelry on after you have sprayed perfumes and hairspray. The rule is to always put your jewelry on last as a finishing touch after getting ready.
- Do not wear your jewelry when doing sports, household tasks or activities that will cause excessive sweating. Some people perspire more than others, this can cause the plating to fade faster.
- Do not wear your jewelry in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room or while taking a shower or a bath.
- Do not sleep with your jewelry on. Night sweat and the extra rubbing will wear off the finish of your jewelry.
- Avoid dropping jewelry pieces on hard surfaces to avoid any breakage.
- Store your jewelry in individual plastic jewelry bags or pouches to avoid extensive air exposure and humidity.
- Store your jewelry in a cool and dry place. Keep away from all sources of heat such as radiators.
- Do not leave your jewelry in the bathroom. If the jewelry gets wet, thoroughly dry it before putting it away. Do not store the jewelry in a bag or pouch if it is wet. Protect them from humidity and the jewelry will last longer.
- Do not keep jewelry with different plating (e.g. gold plating, silver plating) together. Different metals will cause each other to tarnish, fade or turn. Store them in separate plastic jewelry bags or pouches.
- Jewelry pieces with glass or crystal should be kept between layers of cotton to avoid breakage as they are very delicate.
- Clean often to remove sweat and dirt that will cause them to fade. You may use a damp (not wet) cloth and dry it fully before storage.
- Polish your jewelry with a jewelry cleaning cloth.
- Do not clean with chemical products. Chemicals will fade the plating.
Follow these tips and your fashion jewelry will last longer.
Please note that fashion jewelry is an affordable alternative to fine jewelry and is plated with different finishes like gold, silver or copper to protect them from damage. Although our fashion jewelry pieces have been designed and created to meet the highest standards of quality, they are not fine metal jewelry and will tarnish over time and wear. Contact with water, sweat and chemicals will speed up the oxidation process. Therefore, to ensure a longer life span for your jewelry pieces, please handle them with care.